Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Heat stroke, dehydration and fumbling through El entensive Language school!!




Well, we apologize in advance for not posting a blog yesterday, what can I say, we were beat. Beyond the point of actually utilizing calories to type! and we got this ridiculous idea to live very simply on only shop food that we could make, and well, subsisting on peanut butter, apples, and vanilla wafers wasn´t quiet cuttig it calorie wise. Studying a language in the midst of the days high humidity is difficult, primarily because I think my brain is molding from all the new excessive but totally necessary information. The professora makes it sound so interesting, and then you open your mouth to valiantly respond and NADA. NOt a WORD that makes any sense comes out and you just smile, flabbergasted and patiently wait for break time to go diconnect your tongue from its glued position on the roof of your mouth! But, progress is beind made I say!!. To spice things up, we discovered a large spider in our room yesterday, i´m doing to say about two inches, just the body, and hairy legs double that...just walking back and forth..and the danger is his urine. Yes, I know! The urine causes immediate allergic reactions on the skin..Today we welcomed cockroaches into the mix and yes, i feel creepy crawly all over!! to make matters a little more exciting, when i went to the WC to well you know, a bird, comes flying past my head and i do my deed and depart a tach agitated...lo and behold, never look up. We went back to asses the bathroom and there were 5 bats just swining from the ceiling dive bombing poor unexpecting toilet goers. All in a day! We are debating about whether we should head to the beach this week to continue our studies or stay here..we hear the life there is pretty fun but the studying gets a tad slack..not that I would mind....but I think we (after being strongly encouraged by my very zealous studying husband) will hang out here for one more week and jet over to the carribean this weekend to live as the rasta´s do, in hammocks!...Our pictures are pretty self explanatory. We were practicing our physical exam in espanish, and then wearing our silly lab coats (Kentons was a girls one and it was more fitted than a blouse, and I had to fight back hysterical laughter as I viewed his delightful self!)....Well, i think the slightly fried food has gotten to us a bit and we take turns looking green in the face...but what is travel if your stomach doesn´t topsy turvey with you??!! pura vida amigos!

2 comments:

Heather & Toriann said...

Hi Rae and Kenton...Yah for Costa Rica, you should definitely head over to the Caribbean side, its amazing, beautiful beaches and jungle! If you go to Puerto Viejo...make sure to go to a place called Bread and Chocolate!! Love you!!

phairhead said...

what did you do w/ senor ocho piernas?