Saturday, October 18, 2008

HONEYMOOONING to the MAXIMOON!





Hello everyone! Guess what? we traced our steps back to the coastal town of Quepos and found the picture thingermagigger!!! So we are able to post photos again..we'll just have to remember to start taking them again...Kenton and I finished our spanish studies on Friday and shipped out north to start our two weeks of just aimless wandering..We think our ultimate goal will be to arrive in Monte Verde and Arenal where the hugely active volcano is. For now, just lounging on the beach, catching waves bigger then life, and reading extremely intense books on economics, which I understand virtually nil about ! Tonight we decided to start the commencement of a week long celebration for Kentons birthday...yes it is coming up , and I'll only tell you that he is getting older : ) We avoided eating anything all day and are heading back to our favorite "El Avion" restaurant to hopefully spend the next five hours taking in the sunset, eating delicious food, and me consoling him about his old age. Don't worry, I'll take good care of him! Also, mom (nicky) have I had a tetanus shot?? turns out I was walking around for a while with a nice tac in my flip flop..i kept telling kenton that my foot hurt and then when we finally made the effort to look at my foot there was a nice rusty tac!! C'est la vie!

I can't help but feel the need to add something about the Red Sox. Cousin Matty sent us an e-mail telling about the historic game 5, what a comeback win. Rache and I actually found a pizza place that had the game on, watched a few innings and checked out once they went down by 5 after the first few innings. What a pair of fairweather fans, we should've known better.

In other news in the past few days, I passed my second part of the National Boards and we decided that we will be staying in the country for the holidays. Our tentative date of departure will be January 3rd. As for these next two weeks, we have no obligations except honeymooning, and we'll be taking it to the maximoon. Bad joke. It looks like we'll be heading North as both Chirripo and Corcovado National Parks are pretty damp and mostly closed for the month. We'll be renting a car on Sunday and beginning the next phase of the adventure.

Thanks for all your continued prayers, please also pray for my mother as she begins her trip overseas to Portugal and France starting Monday. I'm sure it will be a blast.

The pictures above are from our trip to Manuel Antonia National Park last week.

Kenton and Rachele

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the monkeys! That is my favorite memory of my time In Costa Rica. Be careful driving as the roads are super narrow and a tad dangerous. I'll make sure Dad sees his message. Love, Mom (Nicky)